In the practical application process of water pump, many factors will lead to motor failure, this paper lists five of the most common reasons.Let’s take a look at the five.
1. Overheat Overheat is the biggest culprit of motor failure.In fact, the other four causes on this list are listed in part because they generate heat.Theoretically, the insulation life of the winding will be halved for every 10℃ increase in heat.Therefore, ensuring that the motor runs at the right temperature is the best way to extend its life.
2. Dust and all kinds of suspended particles in polluted air will enter the motor, and produce a variety of hazards.Corrosive particles may wear the component and conductive particles may interfere with the component’s current.Once the particles block the cooling channels, they can accelerate overheating.Obviously, choosing the right IP protection level can alleviate this problem to some extent.
3. Power Supply Problems Harmonic currents caused by high frequency switching and pulse width modulation may cause voltage and current distortion, overload, and overheating.Thus shortening the life of the motor and components, increase the cost of long-term equipment.In addition, the surge itself can cause too much and too little voltage.To solve this problem, it is necessary to keep an eye on and check the power supply.
4. Moisture itself will erode the motor components.When moisture and particulate pollutants in the air mix up, it is fatal to the motor, further shortening the life of the pump.
5. Improper lubrication Lubrication is a matter of degree.Too much or not enough lubrication can be hazardous.Also, be aware of contamination issues with lubricants and whether the lubricant used is appropriate for the task at hand.
All of these problems are interrelated, and dealing with any one of them alone is difficult to solve completely.At the same time, these problems have one thing in common: they can be prevented if the motor is properly used and maintained and the environment is properly managed.
The following is for you to introduce: motor common faults and processing
1. The motor starts by connecting the power supply, and the motor does not rotate but has a buzzing sound. Possible reasons: (1) The single-phase operation is caused by the connection problem of the power supply.
② Overloading of the motor.③ Stuck by dragging machinery.(4) The rotor circuit of wound motor is broken in open circuit.⑤ Wrong connection of the internal head end of the stator, or broken wire or short circuit.
Corresponding treatment methods :
(1) Check the power cord, mainly check the wiring and fuse of the motor, whether there is damage to the line.
(2) Unload the motor after no-load or half-load start.
(3) It is estimated that it is due to the failure of the dragged device. Uninstall the dragged device and find the fault from the dragged device.
(4) check the engagement of brushes, slip rings and starting resistors.
(5) it is necessary to re-determine the beginning and end of the three-phase, and check whether the three-phase winding has broken wire and short circuit.2. After starting the motor, the heating exceeds the temperature rise standard or the smoke may be caused by: ① the power supply voltage does not reach the standard, and the motor heats up too fast under the rated load.② The influence of the motor operating environment, such as high humidity.③ Motor overload or single phase operation.④ Motor start fault, too much positive and negative rotation.
Corresponding processing methods :(1) adjust the electric motor grid voltage.(2) Check the operation of fans, strengthen the inspection of the environment, to ensure that the environment is appropriate.(3) Check the starting current of the motor and deal with any problems in time.(4) reduce the number of positive and negative rotation of the motor, and timely replace the motor that ADAPTS to positive and negative rotation.3. Possible reasons for low insulation resistance: ① the motor internal water, damp.② there are sundries and dust on the winding.③ the motor internal winding aging.
Corresponding treatment methods :(1) internal drying of the motor.(2) Dealing with internal sundries of the motor.(3) It is necessary to check and restore the insulation of the lead wire or replace the insulation board of the junction box.(4) timely check the aging of the winding, timely replacement of the winding.4. Possible reasons for the electrification of the motor shell: ① the insulation of the lead wire of the motor or the insulation board of the junction box.② The winding end cover contacts the motor housing.③ motor grounding problem.Corresponding treatment methods :(1) restore the insulation of the lead line of the motor or replace the insulation board of the junction box.(2) If the grounding phenomenon disappears after the end cover is removed, the end cover can be installed after insulation is added to the end of the winding.(3) re-grounding according to the provisions.5. Possible reasons for abnormal sound when the motor is running: ① the internal connection of the motor is wrong, resulting in grounding or short circuit, and the noise caused by the unstable current.(2) the motor internal pumping out of repair, or internal debris.
Corresponding processing methods :(1) need to be opened for a comprehensive inspection.(2) It can deal with the extracted debris or replace it with 1/2-1/3 of the bearing chamber.
6. Possible reasons for motor vibration: ① uneven ground on which the motor is installed.② The internal rotor of the motor is not stable.The pulley or coupling is not balanced.(4) the bending of the internal turning head.⑤ Motor fan problem.
Corresponding processing methods :(1) the motor should be installed on a stable base to ensure balance.(2) rotor balance should be checked.(3) need to carry out pulley or coupling calibration balance.(4) need to straighten the shaft, the pulley to find the right set of heavy car.(5) for the fan static.