What is a horizontal pump
CHL/CHLF light stainless steel horizontal multistage centrifugal pump is a single suction fully enclosed centrifugal pump, divided into two types: cylinder type and section type, using horizontal motor and quick loading mechanical seal, axial suction, radial discharge. The flow parts of the pump are stainless steel stamping, which can be applied to mildly corrosive media. With low noise, light corrosion resistance, beautiful appearance, small size, light weight, long service life and so on.
Using excellent hydraulic model and advanced manufacturing technology, greatly improve the pump performance and service life. Because the shaft seal is made of hard alloy and fluorine rubber, it can improve the reliability of the pump operation and the temperature of the conveying medium.
The flow part of the pump is made of stainless-steel plate stamping and welding, which makes the pump suitable for mildly corrosive media.
The overall structure is compact, small volume, light weight, low noise, energy saving effect is remarkable, easy maintenance. Can be equipped with intelligent protector according to user needs, to effectively protect the pump dry rotation, phase loss, overload and so on. The motor is equipped with an extended shaft, axial inlet water and radial outlet water.
Horizontal Pump Products
Composition of horizontal pump
The horizontal multistage pump is mainly composed of four parts: stator, rotor, bearing and shaft seal:
- The stator part is mainly composed of suction section, middle section, discharge section and guide vane, etc. There are tension bolts to clamp each section to form a working room
- The rotor part is mainly composed of shaft, impeller, balance disc and shaft sleeve, etc. The axial force is balanced by the balance disc.
- The bearing is mainly composed of bearing body, bearing and bearing gland, etc., and the bearing is lubricated with grease or thin oil.
- The shaft seal is sealed with soft packing, which is mainly composed of the water inlet section and the sealing box body on the tail cover, packing, water retaining ring, etc.
- The horizontal multistage pump is directly driven by the prime mover through the elastic coupling
Working principle of horizontal pump
The horizontal multistage centrifugal pump is designed according to the principle of centrifugal force throwing water. The centrifugal force of the high-speed rotation of the impeller of the pump is used to throw water, so that the energy of the water flow increases, and flows out of the pump through the pump casing and the pump outlet, and then is transported to the destination through the outlet pipe. This is the working principle of the centrifugal pump.
The working process of the horizontal multistage centrifugal pump is: before starting, the pump casing and the water inlet pipe should be filled with water first, and then the motor should be driven to make the impeller and the water in the impeller rotate at a high speed. Throw out the impeller, flow into the outlet of the pump through the circulation of the pump casing, and then flow into the outlet pipe from the outlet; at the same time,
The center of the impeller of the water pump forms a vacuum due to the water being thrown out, and the water in the inlet pool flows into the impeller inlet along the water inlet pipe under the action of the external atmospheric pressure; due to the continuous rotation of the impeller, the water is thrown out and sucked freely, forming a continuous flow. the pumping effect.
Before the horizontal multistage centrifugal pump is started, if it is not filled with water, the mass of the volume is very small, the centrifugal force generated is very small, a vacuum cannot be created in the pump, and water cannot be sucked up. The impeller can only drive the air to rotate, because the air unit is unable to discharge the air in the pump and the drainage pipeline. The working process of the centrifugal pump is actually a process of energy transfer and conversion. It converts the mechanical energy of the high-speed rotation of the motor into Kinetic and potential energy of water. In the process of energy transfer and conversion, it is accompanied by a lot of energy loss. The greater the energy loss, the lower the working efficiency of the centrifugal pump.
The model meaning of horizontal pump
- 4-Rated flow m³/h
- Operating conditions:
- Liquid temperature: -15°C to +80°C
- Maximum ambient temperature: +40°C
- Maximum operating pressure: 10bar
- Maximum inlet pressure limited by maximum operating pressure
- Liquid temperature: Normal temperature type -15°C to +70°C
- Hot water type -15°C to +110°C
- Maximum ambient temperature: +40°C
- Maximum operating pressure: 10 bar
- Maximum inlet pressure limited by maximum operating pressure
- Medium acidity and alkalinity: PH4~9
Application range of Horizontal Pump
CHL, CHLK and CHLF (T) pumps are mainly used for household central air conditioning circulation and industrial liquid transmission. Such as circulation and pressurization of demineralized water, soft water, purification system, light oil, etc.
- Small central air conditioning cycle
- Cooling system
- Industrial cleaning
- Water treatment (purification of water)
- Fertilization/measurement system
- Environmental application
- Compact structure, low noise.
- Suitable for mildly corrosive liquids.
- Small installation space.
- Light weight.
- Easy maintenance.
- Low cost.
- Durable stainless steel material.
4. Select single horizontal centrifugal water pump, multiple horizontal centrifugal water pumps, or high-speed horizontal centrifugal water pumps according to the height of the horizontal centrifugal water pump.
1. According to the characteristics of the medium of the horizontal centrifugal water pump, which kind of characteristic pump should be selected, such as clean water pump, corrosion-resistant pump and impurity pump, etc. When the medium is highly toxic, valuable or radioactive, etc., non-leakage pumps should be considered (such as canned pumps, magnetic pumps) or double-end mechanical seals with leakage liquid collection and leakage alarm devices. If the medium is a volatile liquid such as liquefied hydrocarbon, a low NPSH pump, such as a barrel pump, should be selected.
2. According to the site installation conditions, choose horizontal horizontal centrifugal water pumps and vertical horizontal centrifugal water pumps (including submerged sewage pumps and pipeline sewage pumps).
3. Select single-suction horizontal centrifugal water pump, double-suction horizontal centrifugal water pump, or small-flow horizontal centrifugal water pump according to the flow rate of the horizontal centrifugal water pump.
First of all, in terms of performance, the hydraulic power is basically the same, and they are all in the category of centrifugal pumps. So it is not easy to distinguish from the performance.
From the structural characteristics, the two pumps can be seen from the shape, they are different.
In terms of selection, most people prefer to use a horizontal single-stage centrifugal pump, mainly because the horizontal pump is simple and easy to repair and maintain. However, the maintenance of the vertical long-axis pump is troublesome, and it needs to be hoisted every time it is maintained. Moreover, the long-axis pump needs to replace the sliding bearing under the liquid after a long time. If it is not replaced, the possible consequence is that the centrifugal force of the shaft will increase, resulting in a larger shaft runout value. If it is not replaced in time, it will cause mechanical accidents. And the installation must ensure absolute horizontal installation.
Since there are so many disadvantages, why choose a vertical long shaft pump ? First, vertical long-axis pumps are mostly used for installations in underground tanks that cannot be poured backwards. Or there is no space on site to lay the foundation for the horizontal self-priming pump, so the vertical long-axis pump can only be placed on the tank. Second, the horizontal self-priming pump has many limitations. The self-priming height should not exceed 5 meters, the medium should not be too viscous, and the inlet should not have air leakage. Therefore, when the above conditions are not met, the only option is to use a vertical long-axis pump. Third, if the ordinary horizontal pump (not a self-priming pump) has poor self-priming ability, it is impossible to pump the medium from the tank below. So horizontal pumps and long shaft pumps are not comparable. On the contrary, horizontal self-priming pumps are comparable to vertical long-axis pumps.
Requirements for the medium of the long-axis pump: it is best to contain no particles or a small amount of tiny particles. Cleaning medium is of course better. hehe. The specific situation should be analyzed in detail:
- The vertical centrifugal pump has the same diameter of inlet and outlet and is located on the same center line. It can be installed in the pipeline like a valve. It has a compact and beautiful appearance, a small footprint, and low construction investment. If a protective cover is added, it can For outdoor use.
- The impeller is directly installed on the extended shaft of the motor. The axial dimension is short and the structure is compact. The bearings of the pump and the motor are arranged reasonably, which can effectively balance the radial and axial loads generated by the pump operation, thus ensuring the smooth operation of the pump. Small vibration and low noise.
- The shaft seal adopts mechanical seal or mechanical seal combination, adopts imported titanium alloy sealing ring, medium-sized high-temperature-resistant mechanical seal and hard alloy material, wear-resistant seal, which can effectively prolong the service life of the mechanical seal.
- Easy installation and maintenance, no need to disassemble the pipeline system, just remove the nut of the pump conjoined seat to extract all the rotor parts.
- The series and parallel operation mode of the pump can be adopted according to the requirements of the use, that is, the flow and the head.
- The pump can be installed vertically or horizontally according to the requirements of pipeline layout. The horizontal centrifugal pump runs smoothly and has a long service life. The inlet and outlet can be installed at 90 degrees.
- The appearance is different; the vertical pump is upright and the horizontal pump is horizontal.
- The connection forms are different, the vertical pumps are superimposed and connected from bottom to top, and the horizontal pumps are arranged longitudinally on the base.
- The occupied space is different; the vertical pump occupies a small area and the horizontal pump occupies a large area.
- The difficulty of maintenance is different. The maintenance of the vertical pump is very difficult. For example, the upper part of the impeller needs to be removed before it can be repaired; while the horizontal pump is relatively easy.
- The installation forms are different. The vertical pump is connected as a whole, which is easier to install; while the horizontal pump needs to be adjusted after installation.
7. Vertical pipeline pumps are divided into vertical multi-stage centrifugal pumps and vertical single-stage centrifugal pumps. Generally, vertical multi-stage centrifugal pumps are used for small flow and high lift (commonly used in building water supply systems), and vertical single-stage centrifugal pumps are generally used for balanced flow and lift. Centrifugal pumps (commonly used in closed circulation systems).
- Horizontal pumps take up space, while vertical pumps have limited power and may impact the pipeline if exceeding 75KW, thus it’s not ideal to keep a spare pump.
- Install machine bases for horizontal pipeline pumps, which have small impact and come in single or double-stage with bottom/top or horizontal inlet/outlet. For large pumps, it’s recommended to use the horizontal type.
In short, the vertical pipeline pump does not take up space, but the power should not be too large. The horizontal type takes up space, but the efficiency is high, and the power can be enlarged.
1. The horizontal multistage centrifugal pump does not absorb water, and the vacuum gauge shows high vacuum.
- Cause: The bottom valve is not open or blocked. Suction pipe resistance is too high. Absorbent height is too high.
- Solution: Correct or replace the bottom valve. Clean or replace the suction hose. Reduce water absorption height.
2. The horizontal multistage centrifugal pump does not absorb water, and the pointers of the pressure gauge and vacuum gauge swing violently.
- Cause: Insufficient water is injected; water pipe or water meter is leaking.
- Solution: Pour water into the pump or tighten to stop air leaks.
3. The pressure gauge shows that there is pressure at the outlet of the water pump, but the water pipe is still not draining.
- Cause: The resistance of the outlet pipe is too high. Wrong direction of rotation. The impeller is clogged.
- Solution: Check or shorten the water pipe. Check the direction of rotation of the motor. Clean the impeller.
4. Flow rate is lower than expected.
- Cause: The horizontal multistage centrifugal pump is blocked. Seals are excessively worn. Not enough speed.
- Solution: Clean the horizontal multistage centrifugal pump and pipes. Replace the sealing ring. Increase the speed of horizontal multistage centrifugal pumps.
5. The horizontal multistage centrifugal pump consumes too much power.
- Reason: The packing is too tight. The impeller is worn. Horizontal multistage centrifugal pump water supply increases. The horizontal multistage centrifugal pump and the motor shaft are not on the same center line.
- Solution: Loosen the packing gland. Replace impeller. Adjust outlet gate valve to reduce flow rate. Correct the concentricity of the pump and motor shafts.
6. The horizontal multistage centrifugal pump makes abnormal sounds during operation, and the flow rate drops until no water is discharged.
- Cause: The gate valve is opened too much. Straw resistance is too high. The water absorption height is too high. There is air infiltration at the water absorption point. The temperature of the liquid being delivered is too high.
- Solution: Adjust the gate valve to reduce flow. Check the suction pipe and bottom valve of the horizontal multistage centrifugal pump. Reduce water absorption height. Tighten to stop leaks. Lower the temperature of the liquid.
7. Vibration of horizontal multistage centrifugal pump.
- Cause: The pump shaft and the motor shaft are not on the same center line. Bearing wear. The rotor wipes the housing.
- Solution: Correct the concentricity of the pump and motor shafts. Replace bearings. Disassemble and inspect the entire horizontal multistage centrifugal pump. Solution: Correct or replace the bottom valve. Clean or replace the oil suction pipe. Reduce water absorption height.
8. Bearing overheated.
- Reason: There is no oil or the oil is too dirty. The shaft of the horizontal multistage centrifugal pump and the shaft of the motor are not on the same centerline.
- Solution: Add oil or change the oil. Correct the concentricity of the pump and motor shafts.
Electric Swimming Pool Pump
Portable Sea Water Circulation Pump Swimming Pool Spa PumpRead more
Electric Swimming Pool Pump
High Quality Sea Water Circulation Pump Swimming Pool Spa PumpRead more